Handmade in London by experienced craftsman, our 25cm deep Belgravia pocket sprung mattress offers superb comfort and is guaranteed for 10 years. Hundreds of individual pocket springs act as the foundation for this super deep-filled mattress. The pocket springs are wrapped in felt and individual layers of chunky fillings are added: Coir (coconut fibre), cotton, polyester, horsehair and lambswool. The mattress is side supported, upholstered in cotton, hand tufted and fitted with stitched handles. Brass vents provide circulation and add a finishing touch. We recommend using a mattress protector with all mattresses and turning them regularly (monthly in the first 3 months and then every 3 months). This cover meets British fire regulations with a special FR treatment that uses green chemistry derived from entirely natural elements and is completely solvent free. It provides a soft handle and is readily biodegradable. Importantly it is ph neutral to protect the physical properties of the material such as tensile and tear strength. This treatment meets all European Legislation in that it is APEO free, Halogen free and non-brominated. The flame retardant and anti-microbial treatments that we use are produced in West Yorkshire.
- Spring: 1000 Count Pocket Spring with a Full 6 Gauge Frame Clipped By Hand.
- Support: Side & End Supports are fitted giving the mattress firmer edges.
- Insulator: Coir Fibre Insulator Pad Fixing by Steel Staples to the Spring.
- Filling: One Layer of thick Hypo-Allergenic Filler Pad Cotton & Lambswool.
- Upholstery: 100% Cotton Ticking, 'Tic Tac' Border with Felt
- Thickness: 25cm
Lead time 4 weeks